Join us on at this pre-conference workshop which has been given a twist for 2020!
With the release of ITIL4 we have seen a renewed focus on delivering value to customers and understanding how the ITSM organisation can work together as a coherent, effective and efficient system to help realise this value.
During this year's workshop you 'll learn how to improve the value you deliver to your IT service customers with stories from organisations who have used, or are in the process of using, SDI’s the Best Practice Standard and ITIL4 to achieve their organisation’s vision, mission and IT service strategy.
Find out more about the increasingly popular Service Desk Certification (SDC) programme and how this can be leveraged in conjunction with ITIL4.
• Waitrose & Partners and Canterbury Christ Church University who have used the SDI Best Practice Standard for Service Desk to create their very own service improvement roadmaps
• ITIL4 author Barclay Rae who'll be sharing his views on how ITIL and SDC integrate
You will also have the opportunity to discuss your own service improvement experiences and find solutions to any challenges your organisation faces.
Join this award-winning workshop on Monday 16th March designed to create a common understanding of the metrics that really matter in IT service and support.
During this workshop, Jeff Rumburg will cover some key metrics areas such as:
The Fundamental Role of Metrics in IT Service and Support
- Empirical Observations from Our Global Benchmarking Database
- World-Class IT Service and Support Defined
- Process Drives Performance!
- METRICS: An Even More Fundamental Building Block!
- The Evidence for Metrics as a Foundation Block
- Characteristics of an Optimized IT Service and Support Organization
- KPIs, Metrics, and Measures – What’s the Difference?
SDI’s Global Best Practice Standard
- Nine-Concepts for IT Service and Support Best Practices
- Process Drives Performance
- Best Practices Evaluation Criteria
– Leadership – 10 Criteria
– Policy & Strategy – 9 Criteria
– People Management – 12 Criteria
– Resources – 15 Criteria
– Process & Procedures – 23 Criteria
– Managing Employee Satisfaction – 9 Criteria
– Managing the Customer Experience – 8
– Criteria Management Information & Performance Results – 44 Criteria
– Corporate Social Responsibility – 8 Criteria
- Best Practices Process Assessment Summary
- Overall Process Assessment Scores
- Process Maturity vs. Scorecard Performance
The ROI of IT Service and Support
- Cost Center vs. Value Center
- IT Service and Support as a Business Enterprise
- Sources of Value: IT Service and Support
- Contact Deflection into Lower Cost Channels
- ROI Defined
- ROI: Two Simple Examples
Setting Performance Targets And Driving Accountability
- Introduction to Benchmarking – Understanding Valid Peer Groups
- Establishing Performance Goals in IT Service and Support
- The Agent/Technician Scorecard
- Monthly Agent Performance Rankings
- Agent/Technician Performance Goals
And even more subjects will be discussed: The IT Service and Support Metrics Hierarchy, Tool Download – eBooks of KPI Definitions, The 80/20 Rule for IT Service and Support KPIs, Cost vs. Quality – The Foundation Metrics, Introduction to the Balanced Scorecard, Important IT Service and Support KPI Correlations, and The Synergy of Process and Performance.
This workshop is a great opportunity to everyone who wants to know what are the key measures and how these can optimize their IT Service and Support.
Seats at this workshop are free but limited and on a first-come, first-served basis for a maximum of just 30 delegates.
If you would also like to find out more about Jeff Rumburg’s presentations, he will also host two other sessions at the conference on Tuesday 17th and Wednesday 18th March.